Wednesday, November 09, 2005

When murder is out of the question...

So I haven't gotten around to posting for a few days - I have some fun stuff planned: obscure classic soul, new wave, and overlooked new alt.country from Graham Lindsey (NOT the Republican senator Lindsey Graham) that'll knock your socks off.

But at the moment, I'm feeling a little cranky and nothing helps more than listening to The Murder City Devils.

I saw them at an R5 show at First Unitarian and they were so good I forgot I was smashed into that hot july basement with a bunch of smelly punks (plus the Devils insisted on burning about 20 candles, which didn't much help.

Anyway, I only have their stuff on vinyl and I haven't gotten around to setting myself up to rip my records, but happily enough Sub Pop has a song posted that does the trick quite nicely. First Unitarian is just a few blocks away from The Mutter Museum, that much storied collection of 19th Century medical oddities (world's largest colon, mummified corpse, etc) which inspired the song below.

Enjoy!

Murder City Devils - Midnight Service at the Mutter Museum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home